Thursday, November 25, 2010

Lovesick?

So deeply affected by love as to be unable to act normally.. I awake every morning, thinking on her, having dreamt of her all night, the pain of separation searing your heart every time a site or smell brings back the memory of your last encounter.. Daydreaming, drawing hearts in the sand, constantly thinking "I wish she's here so I could share this moment" even when pulling weeds or walking around.. The consuming fire within the heart for even one more moment with ones love that defies rational thought, knowing full well, one moment would never be enough, yearning for eternity together..

The close relationship between the two might help modern day doctors in both their diagnoses and treatments..

I feel that lately, I've been quite fatigued.. Even though I had a total of 9 hours of sleep.. It maybe due to the hypoglycemia but then, does hypoglycemia cause fever? I've done some googling and here's some of the interesting facts I've found...

Lovesickness has its own symptoms, such as insomnia, depression, loss of appetite, loss of interest in everyday life and work, obsessive thoughts, mental intrusions and a frequent inclination to cry..

Then comes the bigger question, am I really lovesick? I'm not saying that I'm thinking of her all the time, but there are times when my mind would fill up with unanswered questions.. And they are not entirely about her as well!

Actually, it might be better this way.. I know I just couldn't sit around and do nothing.. As a question pops up in my mind, if they are not other people related, I would just simply google it up, and find deeper understanding about it.. Once I understand what it is all about, my worries, my insecurities are gone..

Here's some of the symptoms of Lovesickness...

Clammy Hands
Clammy hands and dry mouth are a sign of being love sick.. The body's nervous system goes haywire--too much moisture in the hands, too little moisture in the mouth..

Preoccupation
When the lover is not nearby, the love sick person will feel bereft, depressed, moody, tearful, anxious and preoccupied.. The love sick person will experience loss of appetite..

Rapid Heartbeat
Upon seeing the lover, rapid heartbeat is usually paired with a rush of emotion in the chest.. The pumping of the heart can cause blushing in the face and neck..

Confusion
Confusion may occur when the lover is nearby.. Stuttering, staring and clumsiness are all aspects of this symptom..

Symptom Duration
Despite its intensity, love sickness is a passing state of mind, lasting anywhere from a few days, to a few months.. It's difficult to retain the intense level of emotion that love sickness awakens in the body--usually the feelings lead the lover to either express her feelings and reduce the anxiety, or as time passes, the feelings lose their power as the reality of getting to know the real person takes away from the fantasy..


0 comments: