Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Note to self

Well.. I have to admit.. It didn't take long for me to realize this.. Thanks to an old friend of mine for the advice..
I've been heartbroken for a few times already.. Another one shouldn't really matter..
Well.. It's true.. Now that I've thinking rationally again, perhaps this is for the best.. I wouldn't be hoping for anything more, and she wouldn't be stressed out because of me.. What's more important now is for me to focus on myself, and improving myself!
Life is always unfair.. It's up to you to do something about it.. If you do nothing, then nothing will change.. Get up! And change your fate!
I'm not sure what to write today.. So I'll just recall what I've recently read and learnt.. And that would be bowling..

The Preparation

First of all, what you need is a good bowling ball.. Not too heavy and not too light.. It's best if you get your own bowling ball rather than borrowing or renting it.. This way, you can get used to your ball and what it does to your advantage!

Always, and I mean ALWAYS get half size bigger than your actual shoe size.. They need to be taken care of and it's always best if they're your own.. That way your foot gets used to it and works better instead of hurting you..
Did you know? Bowling requires tremendous amount of concentration.. When you start, you need to concentrate on HOW PEOPLE BOWL.. And when it's your turn, you need deep concentration to correlate between styles and moves.. Then, the stance is very crucial. The person must stand nearly one and a half meters away from the foul line. Face the pins directly and in a straight line.. The ball must be held at waist height. Out of the seven pins, the middle one must never be aimed.. Right-handed bowlers must aim for the right arrow and left-handers for the left one..
Steps to Bowl
  1. Step forward with the right foot and push the ball out and down simultaneously.. The ball then swings down to the side like a pendulum..
  2. The left hand is extended outwards for balancing..
  3. the ball moves maximum backwards, but not more than shoulder height.. The elbow should be straight..
  4. With the left knee bent, slide forward using the left foot.. The ball must naturally roll off the hand..
Tips

Don't look at the pins or you will get distracted and throw off key.. Watch where you release and watch the ball go over your mark.. It won't always do that and you have to learn from your mistake.. Have a follow through.. When you release the ball make sure your arm goes up or you may hurt your arm permanently in the future.. I hope this will help you bowl better..

0 comments: