Friday, June 25, 2010

XeNo

Nicknames.. How did you get yours?

As for me, I got it from a game Xenogears, of which I played when I was 15, and the first adventure RPG that I've played.. And as I ventured further into the game, I found out that a gear is what they'd call a robot.. And Xeno is strange.. So.. Xenogears means strange robots..

Why I like this nick?
It's simple actually.. I like to see myself as strange.. Not strange as in weird.. But strange as in different from others..

FYI, Xenos is a word used in the Greek language from Homer onwards that has a wide gradient of meaning, signifying such divergent concepts as “enemy stranger” as well as “ritual friend”.. can also be used simply to assert that someone is not a member of your community, that is simply foreigner and with no implication of reciprocity or relationship.. Xenos generally refers to the variety of what a particular individual can be, specifically guest, host, stranger, friend, and, as previously mentioned, foreigner..

And also, Xenos is the Greek concept of hospitality, or generosity and courtesy shown to those who are far from home..

Now ask yourself.. Why do you like your nick?

0 comments: